Time to just off your winter woollies, put your woollen beanie on, don your headlight,get the long sleeve skins and come along and enjoy winter paddling along the Manning. No wind, gorgeous moon shining on the water, the pretty light along the riverbank reflecting on the water. AHHHHHH,OOOOHHHHHH.
Most of this news is not new to you.
1. FEES FOR MANNING RIVER DRAGONS FOR SEASON 2014/2015
Adults $30.00, Juniors $15.00. Paddle fees remain at $2.00 a session. Cheap as chips.
DBNSW has remained the same at $100.00. Please pay your Manning fees now.Either bank transfer or pay Cath Stenchion. Do not forget to fill out and sign the form.
Our charity we will be supporting will be the ACMF(Aus Children Music Foundation).They are holding a concert here in Taree on 27th august 2014. Matinee and Evening sessions. All proceeds going to the ACMF Manning Valley indigenous and Disadvantaged Students Music Program. Rotary are running it. Special guest don Spencer, John Waters, Rachael Beck and George Houvardas, with local schools. Anyone that went last year said it was fantastic.
It is up to individual members to book their tickets to support this event.
3. St Joseph School Spring Fair
6th September. St Joseph School is having a spring Fair on Sat 6th Sept. From 10am-2pm. We will be having a site there to promote our sport. We will be taking the Dragonfly. We will need some volunteers to help on the day. Names to Trish please.
4. Come and Try Day.
Saturday 13th Sept. We are having it the Sat after the St Joesy spring Fair so we can capture more paddlers(and hopefully more men). We will be having a sausage sizzle again. We will ask the Croquet club as well. We will need members to help out.
5. Junior News
As we all know they performed so well at the National titles bringing home lots of bling. We now have 3 Juniors trying out for the Australian teams-The Auroras. They are training hard and getting very fit with lots of travelling by parents going to Sydney frequently. Good luck Sean, Sam and Tara. We wish them all the best and support them.
6. Regatta News.
It was very disappointing not having a team to go to the local regatta at Port Macquarie in June. It was the long weekend which meant we had some paddlers away or had family visit. Well done Maureen Pratten who joined with Newcastle/Foster in doing the 20km Marathon and they came 4th against stiff opposition, with several Sydney teams competing. A youth team of 20 year olds won the event. How can a bunch of “oldies” compete against them???
DISCUSSION FORUM 7TH MAY 2014-06-16
1. Maintanence on the Dragon fly has been done. Ted will use the varnish that we received will be used.
2. Website. Maureen Pratten is now the photo queen. Maureen has learnt how to put photos on website. If you have any up to date photos please email them to Maureen. Any issues with the website, forward to Maureen. I would like to thank Shane Manahan for all her hard work over the past few years who has passed her crown to Maureen.
3. Regatta. Our Regatta will be on the last weekend in January.(Long weekend before school goes back). We will trial it.
4. Grant for Vox Box. We have applied for a grant with the HCCU for a Vox Box. Our Juniors will particularly benefit from this. Crocker Oars from Croki have bought the only Company in Australia. Jennifer has been out to have a look.
5. Regatta suggestions. There were some general discussions about participating in regattas, seating, training, how to get more people to regattas, lifting of the boat at training.
. These have all been forwarded to the coaches/sweeps meeting for discussion.
6. Paddling Sundays. We will commence a paddle on the last Sunday of the month. For 1 and ½ hours.1 hour training, then ½ hour relax paddling. Deb is happy to run this session. Be at the cage at 2.45pm. It will go on the website.
7. Pan Pacs. Jennifer has entered us as Manning River Dragon Boat Club. Please register. It will cost $140.00
8. Juniors at Nationals. Our Juniors came home from the National Championships in Qld with a bag full of medals.Congrat to all our juniors.
We are extremely proud of every one of you. 3 Juniors are trying out for the Auroras. Good luck Sean, Sam and Tara.
9. Shirts were discussed. Trish sent out an email. Will depend on members votes.
10. Next meeting 14th august.2014
11. At Mcdonalds Meeting room, Taree.