DISCUSSION FORUM 7TH MAY 2014-06-16
1. Maintanence on the Dragon fly has been done. Ted will use the varnish that we received will be used.
2. Website. Maureen Pratten is now the photo queen. Maureen has learnt how to put photos on website. If you have any up to date photos please email them to Maureen. Any issues with the website, forward to Maureen. I would like to thank Shane Manahan for all her hard work over the past few years who has passed her crown to Maureen.
3. Regatta. Our Regatta will be on the last weekend in January.(Long weekend before school goes back). We will trial it.
4. Grant for Vox Box. We have applied for a grant with the HCCU for a Vox Box. Our Juniors will particularly benefit from this. Crocker Oars from Croki have bought the only Company in Australia. Jennifer has been out to have a look.
5. Regatta suggestions. There were some general discussions about participating in regattas, seating, training, how to get more people to regattas, lifting of the boat at training.
. These have all been forwarded to the coaches/sweeps meeting for discussion.
6. Paddling Sundays. We will commence a paddle on the last Sunday of the month. For 1 and ½ hours.1 hour training, then ½ hour relax paddling. Deb is happy to run this session. Be at the cage at 2.45pm. It will go on the website.
7. Pan Pacs. Jennifer has entered us as Manning River Dragon Boat Club. Please register. It will cost $140.00
8. Juniors at Nationals. Our Juniors came home from the National Championships in Qld with a bag full of medals.Congrat to all our juniors.
We are extremely proud of every one of you. 3 Juniors are trying out for the Auroras. Good luck Sean, Sam and Tara.
9. Shirts were discussed. Trish sent out an email. Will depend on members votes.
10. Next meeting 14th august.2014
11. At Mcdonalds Meeting room, Taree.